VOICE (Virginians Organized for Interfaith Community Development)
Floris UMC is an active participant in VOICE and encourages our congregation and other people across religious, racial, economic and political party affiliations to build a stronger Northern Virginia.
He has shown you, O mortal, what is good.
And what does the Lord require of you?
To act justly and to love mercy
and to walk humbly with your God.
VOICE Core Values:
- Our faiths demand that we stand together as a people.
- We will use the power of our organization to put an end to any specific threats, intimidation or attempts to harm immigrants, Muslims, African Americans or anyone else.
- We know that Virginia and our Country are stronger when more, not fewer, people are engaged in the democratic process. VOICE believes in building relational power: power that is reciprocal, that is guided by our religious traditions and that allows more people to participate in public life.
- We believe in meeting face-to-face and developing the public relationships that are the glue of our society.
- We must reclaim politics as an honorable pursuit in which people working together have the power to change their communities and their country for the better.
Learn more about VOICE.