School Partnership (Hutchison)
For over fifteen years, Floris UMC has been in partnership with Hutchison Elementary School. Over the years, the church and school have worked together to serve the students and staff of the school.
Learn More About
- PALS Program: Developed to meet the individual needs of students in the areas of mentorship, math and reading, PALS seeks to connect willing adults with students who would most benefit from the support.
- Camp Hutchison: A three week summer enrichment camp held at the school and led by volunteers.
- Help Hungry Kids: A weekend meal program that serves students each week with supplemental food.
- English as a Second Language (ESL): ESL classes are offered for adults during the school year.
- Hutchison Elementary School Book Drive: Bring in new or gently used books to donate to the children at Hutchison Elementary School.
- BOX TOPS for Education: Clipping BOX TOPS is an easy way to support education and directly benefit students in our community. Place your BOX TOPS in the boxes on the information boards on the first and third floors and help Hutchison Elementary School earn cash for books, computers and other essential items.
In addition to these programs, Floris UMC holds donation drives and assists in special events throughout the year.