January 2012 Council DocumentsFloris United Methodist Church
Council Report to the Congregation
Highlights from this Month’s Church Council Meeting
As the governing board of Floris United Methodist Church, your Church Council meets monthly to review and approve the strategic activities of your church. Your Church Council is made up of leaders you elect at the annual charge conference, who set policy and strategic priorities and then provide prayerful leadership to our church in a host of ways. Here are highlights from this month’s council meeting:
- Please join me in thanking Aldo Gonzales for his excellent service as he has rolled off the church council, and extend a welcome to Allan Ballenger who joins the council. It is wonderful to work with such dedicated members who are willing to give their time, energy and gifts to God’s church.
- Council reviewed our attendance figures along with related budgeted income and expense results for our 2011 year end. Worship attendance increased in 2011 by approximately 5%, which is on pace with our overall 10 year attendance trend.
- Based on input from your estimate of Giving cards and anticipated expense projections, council discussed, reviewed and unanimously approved the new 2012 income and expense budget. Tom referenced this in his January 26 eNote. Information on the budget breakdown will be available shortly. Please note that we are still planning for an aggressive approach to debt reduction on the Phase 2 building loan, while continuing to maintain adequate reserves.
- We also reviewed and discussed our updated Strategic Priorities, which are now more robust and beginning to bear fruit. These priorities will drive programming enhancements in the coming months that will provide significant opportunities for deeper discipleship and transformation. This year we will take an in-depth look at 2-3 Strategic Priorities per month, while we continue to monitor the remaining reports on a regular basis.
We remain committed to ensuring that our ministries are in alignment with our mission: Making Disciples of Jesus Christ for the Transformation of the World. You can find our January agenda along with our monthly Ministry reports and our updated Strategic Priorities at the bottom of this page.
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions, 703-834-3378 or firstname.lastname@example.org. It is my privilege to serve as your Council Chair.
Council Chair, Floris UMC
1. Strategic Priority ONE Monthly Report January 2012
2. Strategic Priority TWO Monthly ReportJan2012
3. Strategic Priority THREE Monthly Report JAN 2012
4. Strategic Priority FOUR Monthly ReportJAN2012
5. Strategic Priority FIVE Monthly Report January 2012
6. Strategic Priority SIX Monthly Report DocumentJan2012
7. Strategic Priority SEVEN Monthly ReportJAN2012
8. Strategic Priority EIGHT Monthly Report DocumentJAN2012
Connections Monthly Ministry Report January2012
Grow Monthly Ministry Report January 2012
Serve Monthly Ministry Report January 2012
Worship Monthly Ministry Report January 2012