Floris UMC sometimes offers journeys around the world.
Pilgrimage to England: "The Legacy of John Wesley"
July 23 – August 1, 2018
Cost: $3,998 per person (double occupancy)*
Includes airfare, first class hotels, airport transfers, entrance fees, daily buffet breakfast, deluxe motor coach, tour guide and hotel gratuities.
Additional cost of $598 per person for single room.
Optional London On Your Own Post-Tour Extension August 1-4, 2018
Cost: $798 per person (double occupancy)*
Includes hotel, daily buffet breakfast and London Pass.
Additional cost for single room on post-tour extension: $298 per person
Optional Day Trips (prices are in addition to cost of extension):
- August 1 – Canterbury & Dover Castle: $140
- August 2 – Stonehenge and Bath: $135
- August 3 – Churchill War Rooms, Trafalgar Square, National Gallery Tour: $100
You are invited to join Rev. Tom Berlin on a journey through England to discover the roots of the United Methodist Church and the ministry of John Wesley. Visit John and Charles Wesley’s childhood home in Epworth and experience Evensong at Coventry Cathedral. Visit William Shakespeare’s birthplace in Stratford Upon Avon and the Cotswolds. Attend Sunday services at one of the college churches in Oxford and learn about Wesley and other leaders from Oxford who challenged the social mores of their day. In London, walk on Aldersgate Street where Wesley had his “Warming of the Heart” experience and visit St. Paul’s Cathedral where Wesley often worshiped. Extend your stay in London and enjoy time on your own or join a day trip to Stonehenge, Canterbury or the Churchill War Rooms.
Travelers are expected to participate in four small group sessions prior to departure that will make the experience more meaningful. We are partnering with Educational Opportunities Tours (EO), an agency that many churches use for this and other trips. A $100 deposit is required if registering before September 23, 2017, with additional payments due April 9 and May 9, 2018.
*Price reflects a 4 percent discount for full payment via check.
Why this trip?
- Gain a better understanding of the vitality of faith in the early Methodist movement.
- Learn about the similarities between Wesley’s time and our own and what we can learn from him about renewal of the Christian life, both personally and for our community.
- Consider the ways Floris UMC can be a relevant and dynamic church that shares the Gospel, enables deeper discipleship and transforms the world.
- Have fun as we travel together!
Small Group Meetings:
Travelers are expected to attend four pre-trip small group sessions. We will study Adam Hamilton’s book “Revival” to better understand Wesley’s story and how it defines our faith today. Small group sessions will take place April-July 2018.
- Registration Link
- Trip Brochure – for details about itinerary, cost, travel insurance, etc.
- Frequently Asked Questions from EO
- Fit to Travel Statement from EO
- EO Guest services – if you want to speak to someone at EO Tours
- EO Tours homepage
- Frequently Asked Questions from Trip Interest Meeting
- Interest Meeting Powerpoint Presentation
Your passport must be valid for six months after the trip return date (February 1, 2019).
You will register directly with EO Tours on their website.
A $100 deposit per person is required for registrations received by September 23, 2017.
A $300 deposit per person is required for registrations received September 24, 2017-January 22, 2018.
Trip discounts are available for early registration–see trip brochure for details.
Contact Pam Borland if you have questions.